This year we’ve partnered with Xfinity to share more about their products and services as well as how we approach all things television and technology in our house. Thank you for supporting the sponsors that support us!
There’s nothing like a global pandemic to bring a healthy dose of perspective into your life. I am plenty grateful for all of the wonderful people and things in my life on a near daily basis, but living through COVID-19 has really sent my appreciation for what’s truly important into overdrive.
Of course we’d all put things big things like our kids, family, friends, pets, our jobs, and our homes on the top of a list of what we’re grateful for. I think now more than ever I understand how precious those things are.
But since there’s been so much heaviness all around us lately, I thought it might be fun to share a list of little things I’m grateful for. When you’re safe at home, sometimes it’s those little things that end up getting you through the day.
- A freshly brewed cup of coffee, especially when enjoyed during the morning quiet before everyone else wakes up
- Microsoft Teams changing their video calls to show nice people instead of only four
- My favorite afternoon snack of potato chips + pretzels
- Family bike rides
- Annabelle learning how to turn on the TV, select Netflix, and turn on a show (we’re even working on search, hello self sufficiency!)
- The Daily podcast to get me through my morning dog walks
- Jeni’s Brambleberry Crisp ice cream
- Target drive-up order pick-up
- Mastering Half Baked Harvest’s no-knead bread
- Water tables
- Orange Theory at-home workouts that I can stream instantly from my living room
- The Last Dance on our DVR
- Lysol wipes
- Rosé spritzers
- Bike shorts
- The new TV we put in our sunroom
During our time at home the past few months, we’ve tried to stick to a healthy balance of technology and breaks from it. We definitely use it to our advantage whenever possible, often as a tool when we need a distraction or a break for the girls – especially at the end of the day when we need a break ourselves!
Technology provides immense value throughout our days, and Xfinity delivers value in all of their products from Internet to entertainment to mobile. It’s hard to picture what staying at home might look like without those things. It’s easy to joke about too much TV time and endlessly scrolling social media, but without our Xfinity, we wouldn’t be able to seamlessly work from home or stay connected with friends and family.
What are some of your favorite little things? I’d love to hear in the comments below!